● Use of the Sites is subject to all of the Terms set out below – if you don’t agree to the terms, please stop using our Site immediately.
● Our Site is for your personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purposes.
● Our quoting service is free for you to use. When you enter into an agreement using one of our lenders, we receive a commission from the lender.
● It’s your sole responsibility to ensure that the information you provide when using our Site is accurate and complete. If it isn’t, an agreement you enter into with our lenders may not be valid and you may be subject to additional premiums or charges.
● It’s also your sole responsibility to ensure that the product/agreement terms match your requirements.
Who are we?
The Sites are owned and operated by Charles & Dean Ltd.
● “Product” means any third party product or service that we display on our Site;
● “Site” means any mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of Charles & Dean Ltd.
(referred to collectively as the “Sites”); and
● “you” and “your” means any person who accesses and uses the Site.
How to contact us
● by post: Charles & Dean, Willoughby House, 2 Broad Street, Stamford. PE9 1PB
● by telephone: 01780763836
● by email:email@example.com
b. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our Site or our service, and would like to make a complaint, see Complaints below.
c. Telephone calls that you make to Charles & Dean may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you. A recording will only be used under proper and careful supervision. We are available Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
2. Our Site
We provide independent finance quotes which enables you to research and compare financial products or services provided by third parties. Our comparison service is free for you to use. We receive a fee and/or commission from providers when you use our service to purchase Products. Our team is available to support with any offline queries.
a. The Site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It may only be accessed and used by a private individual or by a business to seek a Product directly for that individual or business. Access to and use of the Site other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
b. You are not permitted to use the Site:
● in any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner;
● to harm, threaten, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, intimidate or harass another person, or in a way that invades another person’s privacy or is obscene, offensive, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us;
● to create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend another person’s records;
● to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this Site;
● in a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems; or
● with any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other “screen scraping” software, process, program or system.
c You may operate a link to the Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us. You must not operate a link to the Site in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to remove any link to the Site immediately and at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time
a. The trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Site and in the information, content, material or data that we display on the Site belong to us or our licensors and all such rights are reserved. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us to do so.
b. You may temporarily print, copy, download or store extracts of information, content, material or data displayed on the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not otherwise breach these Terms and Conditions.
c. All rights in Charles & Dean Ltd are owned by us.
d. You will retain ownership of any content that you submit, or otherwise make publicly available on or through the Site (“User Content”). You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free and unlimited licence to use such User Content in any manner and for any purpose.
3. Your responsibilities
Your personal information and User Content
a. If you are in any doubt as to whether any information is relevant or required to be disclosed or that something may be incorrect you should disclose it to your proposed provider before you apply for a Product.
b. Before you obtain any Product from a provider, you must check all of the information, content, material or data the provider holds about you to ensure it is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you have disclosed all relevant facts. It is your responsibility to identify and correct any mistakes or errors in the information, content, material or data before you obtain any Product. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product.
c. You must get permission from any other person whose information you intend to provide on the Sites before you provide it. In submitting any other person’s details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.
d. You must take all reasonable precautions (including using appropriate virus checking software) to ensure that any information, content, material or data you provide (including User Content) is free from viruses and anything else which may have a harmful effect on any part of the Site.
Suitability of Products
a. The Products displayed on our Site are not provided by us but by third parties over whom we do not have control.
b. You should always check the suitability, adequacy and appropriateness of the Product that is of interest to you. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any Product before applying for it. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability, adequacy or appropriateness of any Product referred to on the Site, we suggest that you seek independent professional advice before you obtain it.
c. The Site provides information on a wide range of products and services but there may be other products or services available on the market which are not shown on the Site and which may be more appropriate or suitable for you than those shown on the Site
Third party websites and services
a. Your use of any Provider websites and your obtaining of any Products will be subject to the Provider’s own terms and conditions (which will be different from ours). It is very important before you apply for any Product that you carefully read the accompanying terms and conditions, the Provider’s terms and conditions and any other documentation that applies to the Product. You must familiarise yourself with all the details of the product.
b. Any links to third party websites on our Site or in our emails are provided for your interest and convenience only. These websites are owned and operated by third parties over whom we do not have control. We do not endorse, recommend or accept responsibility for such third parties, their products or services, their websites or for any information, opinions or views given or advice provided by such third parties (whether on their websites or otherwise).
4. Our responsibilities and our liability to you
The information on our Site
a. We aim to ensure that the material on the Site is accurate. We also try to correct any errors or omissions as soon as we can after being notified of them. However, we are not able to guarantee that the material on the Site is accurate and free from errors or omissions at all times. We reserve the right to add, amend, delete, edit, remove or modify any information, content, material or data displayed on the Sites at any time and without notice.
b. Nothing on the Site is financial, investment or other advice or a recommendation or endorsement by us in respect of any Product referred to on a Site. Information on the Site is provided for general information purposes only, should not be relied upon by you and is provided so that you can select the Product that you feel is most appropriate to meet your needs.
c. The information and descriptions of Products on the Site may not represent the complete descriptions of all the features and terms and conditions of those Products. You must ensure that you carefully read all the features and terms and conditions (including those contained on the provider’s Site) of any Product before applying for it.
Availability of the Site
We aim to provide uninterrupted access to the Site but we give no warranty on this. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Site at any time.
a. We aim to provide you with an excellent service at all times. If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, please contact Simon Grace at our Head Office.
b. We will aim to send you a formal acknowledgement of your complaint within 48 hours and to resolve it as soon as possible. After we have had an opportunity to investigate your concerns, we will issue you with a final response. If you aren’t satisfied with our response, depending on the nature of your complaint, you may have the right to refer your case to:
● the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR; telephone: 0800 023 4 567; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ (if your complaint relates to financial services products); or
● the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) at FCA Head Office, 25 The North Colonnade, London. E14 5HS; telephone: 0300 500 8082 or +44 207 066 1000.
c. If you are unhappy with any product or service you have obtained from a third party or have any complaint regarding any third party, you should address your complaint directly to that third party. If you require their contact details, please contact our Head Office who will be happy to assist.